41 posts, page 8 of 9
Jun 17, 2010
Using the VirtualBox GUI to manually merge lots of snapshots is time consuming and fiddly so I wrote a Python script called
vboxmerge.pyto do this automatically. The script merges a snapshot branch into the base VDI with a single command (it also illustrates how easy it is to script VirtualBox using Python).
Mar 23, 2010
Note: The current version of this app is written in CoffeeScript and is published in the npm package registry.
A simple Python command-line script I wrote to send SMS messages using Clickatell’s HTTP API. In addition it:
- Records sent messages in a log and has command option to view log file.
- Has command options to query the Clickatell account balance and the status of previously sent messages.
- Configuration can include a list of phone numbers.
Nov 2, 2008
This article explains how to clone and copy VirtualBox VMs (virtual machines).
Oct 9, 2008
Currently the Mono project does not release Ubuntu binary packages so if you want the latest version of Mono you need to compile and install yourself. I use the Xubuntu, Here are the steps I took to install Mono 2.0 on Xubuntu 7.10:
May 22, 2008
blogpost 0.9.0 adds lots of new features to the previous 0.1.0 release. The most important feature in the blogpost 0.9.0 release is WordPress media file management:
- Media files (images, videos, audio, document) referenced in your AsciiDoc (or HTML) documents are automatically uploaded and linked to the uploaded blog.
- Only new or modified media files are uploaded (changes detected using cached MD5 checksums).
- Metadata caching means post options are remembered and don’t need to be repeated every time you update your posts.
- WordPress Pages can be posted and updated (blogpost includes a patched wordpresslib.py containing Page methods).